A personal injury attorney serves as an advocate for the injured, helping you navigate the legal system to ultimately recover the compensation you deserve. In most cases, our clients have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence – and our job is to hold that party accountable for the losses that result.
Here at Hoffman Law Firm, our experienced personal injury lawyers have built a respected reputation in the community we are so proud to serve. We work hard on behalf of our clients, fighting hard to see justice done.
If you have been injured in South Carolina, Hoffman Law Firm is here to help. Contact us to schedule your free initial consultation! Once we learn more about your personal injury case, our team will take care of the following, while you focus on your recovery:
- Provide legal representation each step of the way
- Conduct a thorough investigation to prove the at-fault party’s liability
- Gather key evidence, such as medical records, witness statements, video footage, photos, accident reports, and more
- Organize and present evidence effectively
- Calculate a financial amount to compensate for pain and suffering
- File claims (against multiple defendants if needed)
- Handle all communication with the insurance company
- Negotiate to reach a fair settlement
- Take your personal injury case to court if a settlement is not reached
Common Personal Injury Cases We Can Handle
While your personal injury lawyer is equipped to handle a wide range of cases, they typically focus on tort law, including cases like these:
- Workplace accidents
- Slip and falls
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Brain injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
- And more!
The Right Personal Injury Attorney Adds Value To Your Case
Finding the right personal injury attorney is crucial. Be sure that they have extensive experience handling cases like yours, so that you can feel confident that your case is in the very best hands. Because your attorney will take care of every aspect of your case, from start to finish, hiring the right one will help maximize the compensation you receive.
Keep in mind that the insurance company is not on your side and will do all it can to avoid a payout. If the insurance company does not cooperate, having a skilled personal injury lawyer is more important than ever.
At Hoffman Law Firm, our team can also help you understand the legal terminology and insurance jargon used in your case. We are always available to answer any questions about your personal injury case, like the following:
What are damages?
Damages are intended to provide financial compensation for the losses suffered in your accident. There are three main types:
- Economic damages: These can be quantified, including medical bills, lost wages, or replacement/repair of property.
- Non-economic damages: These are non-tangible, and often refer to pain and suffering, reputation damage, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and more.
- Punitive damages: While not as common as those listed above, these damages are paid by the defendant as punishment for their wrongdoing – and are typically awarded in instances of fraud, willful misconduct, and more.
Call Hoffman Law Firm in Charleston, SC Today!
If you have been involved in an accident, our team is standing by to help. We fight for injury victims throughout South Carolina, including our friends and neighbors here at home in the Lowcountry. Whether your personal injury case is straightforward and very complex, we are ready to get to work.
Hoffman Law Firm is conveniently located in North Charleston – not far from Summerville, Hanahan, Downtown Charleston, and more! Schedule your free consultation today to get started!